Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A kick in the gut

Today a lady I have read about on blogs suffered a massive stroke. As I type this her outcome is unknown. She is married, has 3 children and is loved.

This has stopped me dead in my tracks because all I can think about is her children. Will they now be without their mother? Will she be in a coma? Will they ever feel her arms around them again? Will they ever hear her tell them that nothing matters more in the world to her but them?

The world just kicks me in the gut day after day. Yes, there is much to be grateful for but at the same time, so much sadness happens everyday and I am so tired of it.

I do have faith and know that God has plans, but sometimes it is just so overwhelming.

I pray that she comes out of this and all will be okay.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I just read this too...and I felt so sad...how tragic...how scary...this could be anyone!
But a few minutes later I read about this...
http://tuesdayshope.blogspot.com/
and I was encouraged.
Sally has been a mother with empty arms for 2+ years (found her blog via Heather's as well) and she has safely welcomed a baby boy into her aching arms. Relief and tears!