Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Organics for Everyone!!

Okay, I'm going to get on my soapbox now!

6 or so months ago I caught an episode of Dr. Oz about pesticides on our food.  He had an expert come out and talk about all the nasty stuff that is in our fruits, vegetables, meat, milk!  It is everywhere.  On one apple alone, there are 40 known pesticides.  40!!  This is sooo completely unacceptable.

Needless to say, I was shocked about this.  And yes, I know that the Organic train has come and been around for years, but I never knew to the extent in which our foods are exposed to chemicals.  So, of course, I completely switched everything in our house to Organics.  Milk, meat, fruit, veggies, everything.  I have started shopping at Whole Foods religiously.  

Then it dawned on me.  I am in a position where I can afford to buy Organic, but many, many people are not.  So, even if a mother knows that organic is better, she doesn't have a choice due to the cost of organics. That is heartbreaking.  Organics should be available to all and it should be ALL that is offered.  It should not be okay to sell us food that can harm us.

Why in the world would the Government even allow foods to be sold that have poisonous chemicals in it?  I am soo flabbergasted that this is even acceptable. 


So, here's where the soapbox comes in.


Autism is on the rise.  Cancer is on the rise.  Do you see a correlation here?  Because I do!  I am completely convinced that all of these things are connected.  How can they not be!  If we are eating foods doused in chemicals, it has to have some negative effects on our body.


Ggggrrrr....this makes me soo mad!

No comments: