Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I do it?

How do I sit here and work knowing that a sweet, precious little girl is losing her fight with cancer and will most likely leave this earthly world before the day is over?

I know that many of my friends do not want to hear me talk about this and all the other babies that I get consumed with that are fighting one battle after another. I know it depresses them and it's hard as mom's thinking about that happening to us, but on the other hand, isn't that exactly why we should be consumed with this? Because it is not happening to us and we should be doing all the we can to help these families.

But what is it that I should be doing? I think this is where my frustration comes in. I feel so helpless that all I can offer are my words of sorrow, love and peace and that surely is not enough. Not in my book anyway.

I truly feel like God has led me down this path and I am here to do something of value but I don't know what??? Why has he led me to these families?? There has to be something I can do.

If anyone has any ideas...please, please let me know. Maybe us mom's should get together and form some kind of place where we can express our emotions and brain storm on what we can do. What do you think?

No comments: